Call for Papers
– Submission Deadline for EGPGV (March 6, 2018) –
The EuroGraphics Symposium on Parallel Graphics and Visualization (EGPGV) seeks papers on graphics and visualization that involve any type of parallel computing. Papers on techniques, data structures, algorithms, systems, and applications are welcomed. Parallel computing is broadly defined, including high-performance computing and cloud environments, (multi-) GPU computing and heterogeneous, hybrid architectures, and shared and/or distributed memory architectures. Further, papers focused on processing very large data sets (either for visualization or graphics) are welcome, even if they do not have a particular focus on parallelism.
Typical symposium topics include:
- Computationally and data intensive rendering
- Scientific visualization (e.g., volume rendering, flow, and tensor visualization)
- Information visualization and visual analytics
- In situ analytics and in situ visualization
- Out-of-core processing of large data sets for visualization or graphics
- Simulations for virtual environments (physics-based animation, collision detection, acoustics)
- Mesh processing, level-of-detail, and geometric methods
- Visual computing (image- and video-based rendering, image processing and exploitation, segmentation)
- Scheduling, memory management, and data coherence
- Parallelization approaches and algorithms, such as MapReduce
- Database-related methods, algorithms or approaches, and query-based visualization
- Advanced hardware for data handling or visualization
- Large and high resolution displays, virtual environments
- Scientific, engineering, and industrial applications
- Data analytics on large scientific data sets
In general, appropriate topics for the symposium fall into one of four categories:
- parallel graphics,
- rendering of very large data sets,
- parallel visualization and analytics, and
- processing of large data sets for visualization or analytics.
The proceedings of the EuroGraphics Symposium on Parallel Graphics and Visualization (EGPGV) will be published in the Eurographics Proceedings Series and in the Eurographics Digital Library. Best papers from the EGPGV symposium will be invited to submit an extended journal version to IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics.
For additional info regarding paper submission and publication, please contact the program chairs.